Friday, August 14, 2015

A Question of Honour


An All Members Meeting was held to oust a Board member. The member, I suppose, had simply asked too many probing questions, as the charges outlined were preposterous.  When it came time to vote on the matter, numerous children on instructions from their parent(s), raised their hands in unison to remove the Director. 

Long standing members were astonished at what they witnessed, but were assured by one parent (ex-preferred Board member) that all the kids were Sixteen (16) years old and indignantly asked whether the members were questioning his honour. 

The By-laws state that Sixteen (16) year olds can become members and I guess that is what they were doing when they were lining up at the office the day after the meeting.

In the decades I lived in the co-op, I never knew of one family whose kids became members.

It is not a Question of Honour - it is a Question of Ethics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.